Waterbook will upgrade course amenities. This will include rehabilitation and expansion of the existing native vegetation, as well as replace exotic and non-local native plantings with the re-establishment of conservation corridors, resulting in a net environmental gain of at least 10 to 1.
The vegetation restoration strategy has been developed to increase the size and connectivity of the conservation linkages (wildlife corridors) and ecological sustainability of the golf course. The strategy is expected to result in the revegetation of 5.66 hectares of land. The revegetation works seek to:
- Re-establish natural soil levels to provide habitat for the native plants;
- Rehabilitate and expand the existing native vegetation onsite in the west and adjoining Cabbage Tree Road, and offsite along the adjoining Pittwater and Cabbage Tree Roads;
- Move the maintenance facilities from the floodplain to higher ground to protect them from flooding and provide additional flora and fauna habitat;
- Connect the existing waterbodies with the downstream natural waterway of Cahill Creek and restore the associated vegetation to mimic that of natural ecosystems;
- Maintain and build a series of weirs to protect the freshwater habitat from saltwater intrusions; and
- Reduce and mask existing sewer odour on the south boundary adjacent to the 10th Fairway by providing additional habitat for bats with the planting of Fig trees.
The combined communal and community facilities incorporated into a Waterbrook resort include:
- Espresso café, a la carte restaurant and bar
- Surround sound cinema
- Indoor heated pool, spa and steam room
- Wellness Centre incorporating an in-house nurse, physiotherapist, visiting podiatrist and dietician,
- Gym including a variety of floor classes, ta chi, yogapilates and circuit
- Games, art and craft studio and men’s shed
- Community meeting spaces
- Barbecue/alfresco dining terraces
- Hair and beauty salons
- Library and media spaces
- Lounge and relaxation areas
- Garden and interactive planting areas including herb garden
- 24/7 concierge
These spaces are offered to both residents and community alike, with many community organisations partnering with Waterbrook to use Waterbrook facilities to conduct meetings and social events.